Please note: The English version of our terms of is for informational purposes only. The German version shall be legally binding only.
The Specialised Information Service for book studies, library and information science (FID BBI) is operated by the Herzog August Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel and Leipzig University Library and is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) within the programme "Specialised Information Services." In accordance with the programme, FID BBI is aimed at researchers residing in Germany from the participating and related disciplines to ensure that they are provided with a fast and direct access to specialist literature and research-relevant information. This is a demand orientated service.
- No registration or login is required for searching the catalogue of the FID-BBI-portal. However, in order to be able to use all services, you have to register for an account. Account registration and use of the services are free of charge.
- During the registration process you have to choose a membership level. There are two membership levels: Group I includes all researchers and university lecturers of the relevant disciplines employed at a university or research institution, all members of the relevant specialist associations, doctoral students , scholarship holders as well as researchers in book studies or library and information sciences with no formal employment at a university or research institution. Group II includes students and other users. We may re-assign you to another membership level at our discretion.
- Registering with the FID BBI is not restricted to researchers of book studies, library and information sciences. However, access to individual licenses may be subject to restrictions.
- By completing the registration, you agree not to misuse the services offered and to respect all copyrights (e.g. when reproducing or passing on material that is in in copyright, particularly when it is freely available Internet resources and / or Open Access documents).
- E-resources provided by FID BBI and other documents delivered to you by FID BBI (either electronically or physically) are for your own personal use only. Any duplication or copying is prohibited.
- When obtaining data from databases licensed by FID BBI, you assure that you use the data only for your research and you agree not to forward any data to third parties. You may use data for non-commercial purposes only. It is not permitted to retrieve data from databases using automated bots (or similar tools).
- We reserve the right to restrict some or all services for certain user groups or to discontinue them for some or all services without notice at any time without prior notice. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently disable user accounts in the event of repeated or persistent abusive use.
Last updated June 28, 2019